As part of our commitment to provide high quality health care to the region, RCCHC initiated an aggressive campaign of identifying migrant and seasonal farm worker needs. The findings resulted in the development of a migrant outreach program utilizing mobile bilingual outreach workers and mobile clinicians to visit farms and housing sites and provide the following:
- Preventive medical screening
- Referral to our clinic providers and dental services
- Transportation to and from medical offices
- Translation and medication assistance
- Pesticide exposure training
- Environmental and occupational disease and injury prevention training
For more information, please call our Migrant Outreach Coordinator at (252) 287-8781.
What is the Benefit of a Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker program?
The program allows RCCHC to further its mission by addressing the needs of all people in the Roanoke-Chowan area.