As part of our commitment to provide high quality health care to the region, RCCHC initiated an aggressive campaign of identifying seasonal agricultural worker needs. The findings resulted in the development of an agricultural worker outreach program utilizing mobile bilingual outreach workers and mobile clinicians to visit farms and housing sites and provide the following:
- Preventive medical screening
- Referral to our clinic providers and dental services
- Transportation to and from medical offices
- Translation and medication assistance
- Pesticide exposure training
- Environmental and occupational disease and injury prevention training
For more information, please call our Seasonal Agricultural Worker Outreach Coordinator at 252-642-4188.
What is the Benefit of a Seasonal Agricultural Worker program?
The program allows RCCHC to further its mission by addressing the needs of all people in the Roanoke-Chowan area.