Location: Ahoskie Comprehensive Care - 120 Health Center Dr. Ahoskie, NC 27910. Phone: (252) 332-3548
Hepatitis C: Get tested, get treated, get CURED!
What is Hepatitis C?
- A virus that spreads through blood-to-blood contact and damages the liver.
- Many who are infected have no symptoms
- If not treated, can cause cirrhosis, liver failure, liver cancer and can be deadly
Who is most at risk for Hepatitis C?
Those who have:
- Injected or inhaled drugs
- Had unsterile tattooing, piercings, medical, dental or cosmetic procedures
- Had a blood transfusion before 1992
How you get tested?
- A simple blood test that looks for the virus in your blood
So you have Hepatitis C...What's Next? Get CURED!
The Hepatitis C Cure is Easy
- New and improved meds are available
- 95% chance of cure
- Minimal side-effects
- Treatment takes just 8 or 12 weeks (in most cases)
- Just 1-3 pills daily (no injections)
- Very low cost, if any
Once you're cured, the virus is cleared from your body, protecting you from worsening liver damage and giving Hepatitis C to others!
Speak to an RCCHC provider about treatment: (252) 332-3548 ext. 7254