Promotores(as) will collaborate with local growers, area churches, public and private health and human service agencies to identify migrant and seasonal farm workers who may require health care. Will complete basic health assessments, referrals and follow up. Will function as liaison between workers and clinical/social support services. Will spend 70% of time in the field in direct and indirect services at times of the day or night that are accessible for farm workers. Will maintain record keeping system and accurate documentation on farm worker outreach forms. Will coordinate healthcare outreach services for evenings or weekends as appropriate, arranging transportation, marketing, dental and behavioral health services and referral follow up.
RCCHC is seeking highly motivated individual to join our team. To be considered for employment the following qualifications must be met.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or possess a high equivalency certificate.
- One-year exposure to farm worker related issues is required.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, apply basic math in accounting, operate office equipment and knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and general computer skills.
- Must have valid NC driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Bi-lingual applicants preferred.
Full Time Employees receive health, life, and long term disability insurance coverage, as well as PTO. Other benefits such as supplemental insurance are available to all full time employees.
Salary based on experience.
Applications can be downloaded from our website www.rcchc.org. Applications may be returned to Human Resources at email@example.com, or mailed to RCCHC 120 Health Center Drive, Ahoskie NC 27910.